GAS COMPRESSOR TECHNICIAN
Why work at Burza?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of the Middle East’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of the Middle East. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Senior Specialist of Rotating Equipment, this position is responsible for providing innovative technical support for field operations. Ensuring that equipment repairs are carried out safely, properly, and in a timely/cost effective manner. Ensuring the reliability, runability, and performance is in line with Burza’s long-term maintenance strategy, environmental, and safety standards.
What you’ll be doing:
- Adhere to Burza’s highest standards of safety
- Ensure proper maintenance, repair, and operation of Rotating Equipment, Gas - Compressors and Engines
- Perform regular site visits and unit inspections
- Review and enforcement of equipment warranties
- Provide technical support to area Maintenance Leads and Area Operation Supervisors
- Assist with scope definition for growth and sustaining projects as well as routine overhauls on Client equipment
- Monitor work executed in the field
- Provide technical oversight for repairs on all rotating equipment that includes but not limited to reciprocating/centrifugal pumps, reciprocal/centrifugal/screw compressors, turbines, expanders, fans, and gearboxes
Experience in any of these areas will be beneficial:
- Trade certification in Heavy Duty Mechanic or Millwright
- 5-10 years experience in repair/maintenance in gas compression with engine, compressor, motor, generator, and pumps
- Experience with any of Caterpillar and Waukeshau engines, Ingersoll Rand Compressors, Gas Turbines, Turbo-Expanders, Fluid Pumps, Reciprocating and Screw compressors
- Extensive knowledge of various OEM maintenance and repair procedures of equipment used in Gas Compression and Power Generation Industry
- Familiar with Maximo v7.6 or related maintenance system
- Experience with Rotating Equipment trouble shooting and failure analysis
- Experience with equipment failure analysis, oil analysis, and vibration analysis is an asset
- Startup/Commissioning experience is an asset
- Well established network with equipment vendors is beneficial
- Able to travel to international locations when required
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be work in our North Africa operations. Candidates may be based from the EU, UK or North America.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, Burza is the place for you!
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply, submit your resume/CV in confidence to our team below.